Monday, September 12, 2011

Happy 2004!! መልካም አዲስ ዓመት!!


One thing I really love about being an Ethiopian living in diaspora is that I get to celebrate most of the major holidays twice. Of all the holidays though, New Year is by far my most favorite one. It is like you are given a second chance to correct whatever regrets you have or mistakes you have done in the Gregorian calendar :-) The excitement, the memories of fields filled with yellow flowers aka Adey Abeba just in time for New years, young girls going door to door singing Abebayeh woy, young boys giving out drawings of flowers with happy wishes and the smell of doro wot and freshly baked diffo dabo.... ahhh major nostalgia kicking in.

I hope you have enjoyed your weekend as I did wherever you are. And I wish you all a Blissful year. May the new year brings you lots and lots of happiness and health. God bless Ethiopia and the rest of the world.

እንቁጣጣሽ!!

No comments:

Post a Comment